Happy Birthday, Di Wills! What a fabulous day to share your 16 goals for 2016 with the rest of the world. Um, make that the Galaxy. Um, actually the Multiverse.
To let my readers in on the not-so-secret: On January 2, Miss Diabolical (Di, for short) took a road trip with her brother and his girlfriend where she found herself setting a list of new year resolutions which were all about FINISHING projects she’d never finished previously. “I just want to finish a heap of things I’ve started or achieve other things that I’ve always wanted to do but never got around to,” Di said last month.
Here is Di’s 16 in ’16:
- Write more
- Practise driving a manual car
- Outrun the zombies
- Get a dog
- Make cheese from scratch
- Write a letter in Calligraphy
- Learn to crochet a doily
- Learn to shoot a gun (in a controlled environment)
- Lose another 10kg
- Take up tap dancing (again)
- Learn a song on my harmonica
- Find the ukulele and play it
- Learn to juggle
- Finish the baby blanket
- Finish two separate diplomas
- Go hiking up Mt Walsh
“Each of these projects have their own mini-story and, unfortunately, show how great I am at starting a project, but weak on the long-term execution,” Di said.
“I did the numbers and realised I needed to achieve an average of one goal every three weeks. It’s been almost five weeks and I can’t say with any confidence that I have done any of them. “I’ve been getting in the way of my own goals and feel like I’m behind in my timeline, but here’s the updated list for February:
- Write more – booked a screenwriting course in Sydney… No writing but more incentive achieved.
- Practise driving a manual car. Nope
- Outrun the zombies (it’s a running app on my phone.) Got caught last week.
- Get a dog. Nope
- Make cheese from scratch. Nope
- Write a letter in Calligraphy. Nope
- Learn to crochet a doily. Borrowed a book from a friend. So, nope.
- Learn to shoot a gun (in a controlled environment). Nope.
- Lose another 10 kilos. At 4kg and happy with that so far.
- Take up tap dancing (again). I went to my first class! Was so much fun I am building a small tap floor to practice at home. So have steered perfectly good energy into a different direction. WIP definitely.
- Learn a song on my harmonica. Nope
- Find the ukulele and play it. Found it. Have not played. Nope.
- Find juggling balls and learn to juggle. Found balls. Practiced a little. WIP.
- Finish baby blanket. Getting really close!!
- Finish two separate diplomas. Nope
- Go hiking up Mt Walsh. Nope.
“Excuses are for sissies. I will check back in a month and let you know how it’s going. Perhaps Cher can help me keep on track!” Di said.
“Have you got things you have started and not finished? Please pick one and join me and try finishing something you started.
Just be sure to tell Cher so she can keep us all honest!”
Happy Birthday, Di, and good luck with your 16 for 2016. xox